This is my pcom final prototype2.0, made by 3D printing.
The full view: a huge cup can hold a plastic cup.
Top: the four tube is for hold sent oil.
Top cover: the four hole on the top is for mount buttons, the four small hole on the side is for smell to coming out.
Bottom: mount fan, because the squares are very precise for fan, i can simply plug the fan on it, and use very little hot glue, it’s very stable. the hole is connect from fan to tube and top of the cup.
This is my pcom final prototype1.0.
The red cotton ball contains strawberry smell oil. The fan will blow wind in the bubble, so the strawberry smell will coming through the tube. User will smell from the end of the tube.
Fabricate something using primarily two different materials. Let’s say the project is roughly 40% one material, 40% the other. The materials cannot be acrylic or plywood. The work should be held together using fasteners of your choosing.
Material: I got food oil and plastic bubble from Michael’s, tube from Homedepot, cotton ball from itp junk shelf.
Use knife to cut a hole for hold fan.
Use hot glue to mount fan.
Put some oil on cotton ball and put it in the bubble.
Use hot glue to connect tube and bubble
Sleeping: Please be quiet, I don’t want to be bothered.
Working: I don’t want to be bothered.
??: I’m doing nothing important, you can bother me anytime.
Sad: I feel sad / I feel lonely / I need accompany, roomie, talk with me please.
Make multiples of something, 5 or more. The objects must be a multi-process piece, ie. I don’t want to see 5 things made solely on the laser cutter.
2. Draw the outline of the clock.
3. Cutting in order.
4. Making pointer base: first cut pieces of cube, then polish them to column.
5. Making pointer: cut to triangular prism, polish, polish…
6. Drill a bigger hole on pointer, a smaller hole on the base, use screwdriver and screw to stick them together.
7. Sanding all the pieces.
8. Glue all and write.
9. Repeat but a little different.
- Missing one stop block, so I used a speed clamps for instead, but after two cut, everything blowed up.
2. The first pointer base I made was not hard enough for drill, it broken into two pieces. So I changed for another type of wood.